Thursday, February 21, 2013

Out of Luck??


Sometimes, we don’t always get what we want. Exhibit A: last year I went to Kiluan Bay. It’s actually a rural area in southern Lampung. But it’s well known as a beautiful bay where you can see dolphins swimming around you.
Here’s the story, I went there coz I really want to know the sensation to see those dolphins when they come swimming around my boat. Not long before my arrival, the friends of my friend went there, and they saw dolphins plus the whale. How cool is that?!
Anyway, the way to Kiluan is not that smooth, I mean literally because some part just not be asphalt yet. It takes several hours from Karang in Bandar lampung, to Kiluan. I arrived there at night, and I just knew that they don’t have electricity supply. Well they have it only from generator. So the rule is you only get the electricity from the generator start from 6pm until 12am in the mid night. And all the generators will be turned off. I woke up the next morning, and ready to see the dolphin. I walked to the back of the house where I stay last night, not far from there, the bay is waiting. I got into a boat, it’s quite long boat, so slim. I got there with 3 others girls and the fisher man the one that driving boat is keep standing.
It’s so beautiful to see the ocean that early morning. After awhile, all I can see only the blue ocean and the sun is getting higher and hotter. I wonder where are those dolphins at. I turn my head around to see any sound that will sound like dolphins. But nothing. The fisherman told me that usually we already can see those dolphins, a lot of dolphins swimming in group around the ocean.
So the fisherman was went further took us. All I can see is the blue wave, which I won’t be realize either if one of the wave that I saw was a dolphin. Another thing came up in my mind. Man, I’m in the middle of the ocean. And the water must be deep, one thing for sure I cannot swim. Even tough I already wore a life jacket, still I don’t believe that will work. After awhile, we decided to go back to the bay, by going on the circle to see the other side of the island.
Well that might be not my lucky day. I didn't find any dolpin that day. But one thing for sure, I had a great time while I was there, coz I went there with great people J

No comments:

Post a Comment